About Real Estate
We have a wide-ranging appetite for Commercial and Residential Real Estate business that includes but is not limited to the following risk types:
- Purpose Built Offices
- Purpose Built Retail – high street (including residential above), shopping centres and out of town retail parks
- Light Industrial/Manufacturing/Warehousing
- Medium Industrial/Manufacturing/Warehousing
- Purpose Built Hotels
- Long Leasehold, Purpose-Built, Concrete Floored, Blocks of Flats
- Mixed Residential/Commercial Portfolios
Why Choose Us?
First Underwriting is your First choice for Real Estate products
At First Underwriting, we only focus on specialist and niche sectors so we really know our stuff and enjoy speaking to brokers about the products we love.
- Direct access to decision makers – you can speak with dedicated underwriters empowered to make decisions, so you’ll get an answer quickly
- Capacity up to £50million Total Sum Insured per location
- All Risks’ Material Damage cover for Buildings and Landlords’ Contents
- Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation
- Property Owners’ Liability up to a £10m limit of indemnity
- Employers’ Liability £10m limit of indemnity
- A-rated capacity (AM Best)
- Commission flexibility
- Pricing and trading flexibility, including:
- Longer term rating stability deals to demonstrate sustainability
- Flexible tenant premium apportionment
- Risk Management and Valuation funding available
- Profit Shares and Low Claims Rebates
We also know it’s important to look after your customers in the event of a claim – so we provide a bespoke claims service for each individual product.
Interested in finding out more? Get in touch today!
Meet the Team
Graham Bailey – Head of Real Estate
Graham joined First Underwriting Limited at the start of 2022 to head up our new Real Estate offering. He brings with him over 20 years’ experience in the sector, having previously worked at AXA as their London Real Estate Underwriting Manager and prior to that in various senior underwriting roles at both RSA and NIG.
Outside of work Graham enjoys going to the gym, watching football and live comedy, playing cricket and spending time with his family.
Danny Napper – Senior Underwriter
Danny has worked in the Real Estate sector for over 15 years and joined First Underwriting Limited in 2022 to help launch our Real Estate product. Prior to joining First, Danny worked for AXA Insurance where he was the Lead New Business Underwriter in the Real Estate division, having previously worked for NIG for over 10 years where he played a key role in the launch and establishment of their Real Estate proposition.
Outside of work Danny enjoys watching a wide range of sports including Football, Rugby and Cricket as well as going to the gym and spending time with his family.
Michael Kells – Lead Development Underwriter
Michael started working in the Real Estate sector with Zurich in 2003. He has since had positions at NIG and AXA before joining First Underwriting at the end of 2021 to assist with the set up and launch our new Real Estate offering.
Outside of work Michael enjoys playing Golf, watching Football and is the manager of his son’s football team.
Our Financial Strength
First Underwriting were established in 2018 as a highly specialised and niche underwriting business. Our UK parent company is Kingfisher UK Holdings Limited, who are a UK division of NSM Insurance Group. NSM Insurance Group are the leading specialist insurance provider in the USA, with over 1m clients and over $1bn in premiums.
We have a long-term agreement and partnership with our underwriting partners Accredited Insurance Europe Limited (AIEL).
AIEL are wholly owned by Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd. (RQIH); a company domiciled in Bermuda who are listed on the AIM Stock Exchange in London.
A Rated Insurers
- AIEL are rated as A- with a “stable” outlook by A M Best
- AEIL trade through a UK branch which has been approved by the Prudential Regulatory Authority.
- RQIH had cash and investments of $1,716 million at 30 June 2021
- Their underwriting programme is supported by A-rated insurance, provided by some of the largest and most secure insurers and reinsurers in the world
- All policies underwritten by AEIL are backed by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Need Real Estate product flexibility?
We encourage our brokers to talk to us about those risks that need some flexibility as we are able to provide bespoke solutions.
Speak to us today!
First for Service
At First Underwriting we offer broker partners the security of a large organisation; but with the agility and expertise of a specialist provider.
- First for Specialist
- First for Expertise
- First for Service
We are continually enhancing and developing our product range, in partnership with brokers, to ensure that they are relevant and meet the needs of brokers’ customers. All of our products are underpinned by sustainable pricing coupled with excellent service from experienced underwriters and a first class claims service.