Our Home insurance products provide wide coverage, underpinned by sustainable pricing coupled with excellent service from experienced underwriters and a first class claims service. Our products are on the major broker systems allowing electronic trading.
However, we appreciate that not every risk ‘fits the box’ and we therefore encourage our partners to talk to us about those risks that need some flexibility and we are able to provide a bespoke solution. We like to work closely and listen to our broker partners to ensure the products we have meet the requirements of their clients.
We currently insure over £10bn of properties within the UK.
Premium Home Insurance
Bedroom rated product giving generous policy limits designed for houses with up to 5 bedrooms and built 1850 onwards.
Premier Home Insurance
Ideal for your clients with higher sums insured, looking for wider cover and those risks that don’t quite ‘fit the box’ including UK holiday homes.
Specialist Home Insurance
Designed for longer-term unoccupied homes and also for landlords who let properties including; single risks, portfolios or holiday lets.
Why Choose Us?
- We provide our broker partners with direct access to decision makers – so you can get an answer quickly
- We only focus on specialist and niche sectors – so we really know our stuff
- We are agile and can adapt to your changing needs – there’s no red tape here
- We are committed to helping our broker partners succeed – after all, what’s good for your business is good for our business
- We enjoy speaking to brokers about the products that we love, and we’re always ready to take your call
- We know it’s important to look after your customers in the event of a claim – so we provide a bespoke claims service for each individual product.
Our Financial Strength
First Underwriting were established in 2018 as a highly specialised and niche underwriting business. Our UK parent company is Kingfisher UK Holdings Limited, who are a UK division of NSM Insurance Group. NSM Insurance Group are the leading specialist insurance provider in the USA, with over 1m clients and over $1bn in premiums.
We have a long-term agreement and partnership with our underwriting partners Accredited Insurance Europe Limited (AIEL).
AIEL are wholly owned by Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd. (RQIH); a company domiciled in Bermuda who are listed on the AIM Stock Exchange in London.
A Rated Insurers
- AIEL are rated as A- with a “stable” outlook by A M Best
- AEIL trade through a UK branch which has been approved by the Prudential Regulatory Authority.
- RQIH had cash and investments of $1,716 million at 30 June 2021
- Their underwriting programme is supported by A-rated insurance, provided by some of the largest and most secure insurers and reinsurers in the world
- All policies underwritten by AEIL are backed by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme
We have an extensive range of specialist insurance products which are available to our broker partners. First Underwriting continually enhance and develop our product range, in partnership with brokers, to ensure that they are relevant and meet the needs of brokers’ customers. All of our products are underpinned by sustainable pricing coupled with excellent service from experienced underwriters and a first class claims service.