About Tour Operators' Liability
The First Underwriting bespoke insurance solutions for Tour Operators and Travel Agents includes:
- Public/Products Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Employers Liability
- Crisis management
Our extensive experience of the insurance industry – combined with our established reputation and professional negotiation skills – ensures that you will get the best deal for your tour operator or travel agent by coming direct to us.
We continually strive to be innovative and offer tailor-made insurance solutions for tour operators’ and travel agents’ within the travel industry. Our policies are selected to suit the needs of your clients and are underwritten by our specialist team. As well as handling the cover, we also provide insurance protection for DMCs, bed-banks (principal or agent), coach operators and those companies that encompass many of these trading elements.
We are vastly experienced in providing bespoke insurance schemes for the travel industry, our team constantly strive to be innovative in order to offer the best solution for your clients.
Working closely with brokers, our underwriters have a proven track record of producing new products within a short time period whilst ensuring they are fit for purpose, easy to understand, competitively priced and profitable.
Worldwide cover for personal injury and death with limits of indemnity up to £20m. Liability arising from The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements 2018, including accidental damage to property, legal defence costs and indemnity to principals.
Worldwide jurisdiction and limits of indemnity up to £5m. Breach of contract, misrepresentation or the mis-booking of any travel services can lead to substantial claims being made against your Tour Operator or Travel Agent.
Our Crisis Management Insurance provides a professional and comprehensive service that will give your tour operators and travel agents peace of mind in the event of an emergency. Up to £250,000 limit of indemnity.
Directors' & Officers
This product protects companies’ directors, officers and senior managers against claims that can arise from decisions and actions taken whilst managing a business, up to £1m limit of indemnity.
Meeting the requirements imposed by Employer's Liability Compulsory Insurance Regulations 1998. We can provide cover with a limit of indemnity up to £10m.
Why Choose Us?
- We provide our broker partners with direct access to decision makers – so you can get an answer quickly
- We only focus on specialist and niche sectors – so we really know our stuff
- We are agile and can adapt to your changing needs – there’s no red tape here
- We are committed to helping our broker partners succeed – after all, what’s good for your business is good for our business
- We enjoy speaking to brokers about the products that we love, and we’re always ready to take your call
- We know it’s important to look after your customers in the event of a claim – so we provide a bespoke claims service for each individual product.
Our Financial Strength
First Underwriting were established in 2018 as a highly specialised and niche underwriting business. Our UK parent company is Kingfisher UK Holdings Limited, who are a UK division of NSM Insurance Group. NSM Insurance Group are the leading specialist insurance provider in the USA, with over 1m clients and over $1bn in premiums.
We have a long-term agreement and partnership with our underwriting partners Accredited Insurance Europe Limited (AIEL).
AIEL are wholly owned by Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd. (RQIH); a company domiciled in Bermuda who are listed on the AIM Stock Exchange in London.
A Rated Insurers
- AIEL are rated as A- with a “stable” outlook by A M Best
- AEIL trade through a UK branch which has been approved by the Prudential Regulatory Authority.
- RQIH had cash and investments of $1,716 million at 30 June 2021
- Their underwriting programme is supported by A-rated insurance, provided by some of the largest and most secure insurers and reinsurers in the world
- All policies underwritten by AEIL are backed by the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme
We have an extensive range of specialist insurance products which are available to our broker partners. First Underwriting continually enhance and develop our product range, in partnership with brokers, to ensure that they are relevant and meet the needs of brokers’ customers. All of our products are underpinned by sustainable pricing coupled with excellent service from experienced underwriters and a first class claims service.